Wednesday, May 1, 2013

personal

ive always known i had some suppressed memories of my childhood from when my dad had brain cancer. I always thought it was just one thing i couldnt remember though.. It wasnt until i was talking to my mom the other day about that time in our lives that i realized it wasnt just one thing i cant remember,  i am missing a whole time frame.
 She started recalling stories, and i couldnt remember any of them.. Its just so fascinating what the human mind is capable of to protect ourselves. I dont know why my mind repressed these memories. My dad survived his cancer, and its been about 13 or so years now. I dont know what my mind was trying to protect me from because theres a lot of things i do remember despite the many things i cant.
Its so strange to hear stories of things you did, and things you experienced, and feel like you didnt actually live that scenario, or moment in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment